Power window motor removal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about removing the power window motor. How do you do it? Ha ha. I have taken the door panel off and using a mirror to look inside to find bolts or something and am still baffled. I really do appreciate any help that you can give. :Stupid Me:

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clips? Wow, I never would have guessed that it was held on by clips. I've been trying to get this motor out for a bit. I'll go back out and look for clips. Thanks.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
There are rollers on the window regulator that attach to a channel made onto the glass. So you have to drill the rivets out on the regulator and get it detached from the inner door panel (huge black cover with 4,000 screws holding it on) them you can slide the regulator side to side and get it off the glass. Then change the motor off the regulator. REMEMBER THE REGULATOR HAS A HUGE SPRING IN IT AND IS UNDER ALOT OF PRESSURE!!! You can put it in a vise or use vice grips to hold it still, but be careful!!! This isn't an easy job but it can be done just be careful use you head and think about what your doing before you do it, and make sure you have an extra hand to hold the window.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like maybe I should just get the regulator/motor and replace them both.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, they sell them together. Thank you very much for helping me out. I really do appreciate it.

Pronk

Reaction score
I have a quick question, so my window lift channel completely rusted out, so I need to replace them. Now do the channels just slide onto the bottom of the window or do I need to put some adhesive on them? Thanks