Possible TPS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok on the tps I’m getting .24v at idle and 2.9 at WOT. My meter is grounded at the neg battery terminal.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You s/b getting ~0.45 at idle and 4.8+/- at WOT
Agreed. I slotted the holes as far as I could and the best I could get is .37 to 1.8 my meter even shows a OL about the same place that the injectors stop. Then picks back up when pushing through. This is strange because I pulled the whole TBI from my 95 454 K2500 and it did the same thing. But putting it back on the truck it works great. I tried cleaning grounds also with no change. Maybe the TPS connector is bad also?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the best I could get is .37 to 1.8 my meter even shows a OL about the same place that the injectors stop. Then picks back up when pushing through.
If you get an open while sweeping the TPS from idle to WOT, it's bad. Disconnect it and check with an Ohm Meter to confirm.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
by any chance did you pressure wash your engine.. theres supposed to be a gasket on the tps to keep water out, but they shrink, and water can get inside the tps causing strange symptoms. v