Possible new member need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah being up north like you are its near impossible to fine a rust free obs unless you wanna pay a lot. If you don't mind the 305 I would just go for that 91.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I told the guy i'm gonna take another look at it this wednesday and if everything else checks out i'm going to buy it

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice find but a little out of my price range, i'm really just looking for a truck i can pay cash for and use when i need it as i already have a 2006 impala i make payments on. If it was my only mode of transporation though i'd be all over that one

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up my truck for $1500 a few months ago.....I got lucky, the only real rust is on a fender...which I allready found a replacement panel for. I drove botht the 305 and the 350......I wouldnt even bother with the 305 if you plan on doing normal truck things with your truck, like hauling and towing, that poor thing can barely get out of its own way on an extended cab 4x4 truck.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do plan on doing normal truck things with my truck just not that often. hauling junk to the dump and the occasional towing of a car or trailer. I'll be keeping my eye out for a 350 motor to swap in it though if I feel i need more power. I can't imagine it's too difficult at all to swap from the 305tbi to 350tbi

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice. I picked up inner/outer rockers, cab corners and all that Jazz from Keystone on Factory Ave in Cuse. On anything body work/paint related go to Danny at Saves on State Fair Blvd. Absolutely great guy to deal with.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

If you ever need any help with anything lemme know and good luck.

-Matt

Wow man, that was quite the hack up of the floor, nice work though!!! I like to see people trying their hardes to keep our beloved trucks on the road, just cause their old, no reason to have rusted out clunkers.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I picked up the '91 yesterday. It's definitely a fixer upper but overall a very solid truck. Issues i'm having with it right now are the tailgate doesn't open handle and everything is there it just doesn't pop open when you lift on the handle. The left turn signal doesn't auto off after you complete a turn, the driver's side window gets stuck going up and down the track, and the driver's side key hole is frozen. Most of those issues are minor to me and are expected on a 20 year old truck. If anyone has any suggestions on those issues I'd appreciate it. I plan on tackling them when I go on vacation in two weeks.

***I know this is a forum and I know pics are a requirement so they will be coming within a day or two***

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice man congrats!

Definately post some pics when you can.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats bro. For the tailgate handle, pop the plastic trim up and look inside. There are 2 rods held on by plastic clips to the handle that usually snap or the two arms freeze in place. Just reach in with a pair of pliers or a screw driver and move the rods/arms and the gate should pop. As for the turn signals, the springs under your horn button are probably broken. NAPA sells a kit and its not too hard to replace if you have a steering wheel puller. For the key cylinder, shoot tons of PB blaster in there and work it back and forth with the key and pray it frees up and you dont have to buy new cylinders lol. For the window assuming its non power, Pop your panel off and you will see a big metal panel behind it. Theres a bunch of screws all the way around it. When those are all out you can pull the panel out just enough to get in there and clean the track at the bottom of the window and grease up the gears. I've never taken much time to learn and play with the power window doors so your guess is as good as mine lol. Good luck and lemme know if you need a hand or wanna meet up sometime.

-Matt