Pictures of the dash wiring routes? 97, 3500, 7.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Another

Reaction score
Just purchased a truck without a dash installed and no dash harness. I purchased a new harness, now I would like to see how it is routed behind the dash so I can get it done in one shot.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the OE service manuals, here in the forum, Their free! Search in forum for download link. Get your year, in section 8 Electrical, operation, diagnostics, has dash layout, controls, where the wire bundles run. Ground locations. Three D views of all inner workings. All electric circuit digrams . And end views of all weatherpak connectors.
It will make your life easier, especially when it's a bigger complex project.
Good luck.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adding to the above, this thread has pictures showing the harness in a 98:

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So harnesses are specific to options. As I just did a 98 and took a harness from a fully loaded suburban. My truck didn’t have the push button 4wd or the fancy stereo or the rear heater so I ended up with extra wiring which I figured out. I couldn’t use the old harness as it melted all the way to the firewall. I also got the dash from the same vehicle. It was probably a good thing I did it like that so I could see how it was together. It wasn’t that bad of a job IMO

Another

Reaction score
I couldn't find the routing in the manual, but the link to the dash write up is perfect, thank you.

Another

Reaction score
Seems the 3d wiring/routing diagrams start about page 769 and are very helpful when trying to figure out the difference in wiring harness related to different available options. I just had to dive in and read everything I could because I like reading manuals to learn new stuff. But its all there, the write up combined with the manual is everything you need. Thank you.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good for you! Unfortunately many won't bother to take the time. There is a lot of great information, I still don't understand why that blah blah is way in back , or why didn't put this in same chapter. Good luck.