Pic Request: Tablet/Phone Mounts DIY or Store Bought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ok thought it was yours theres a guy on FB https://www.facebook.com/SoundManCA that makes and sells kits for mounting tablets. Im also going Bluetooth but I want an EQ like the AudioContol I have in my orange truck to control volume ,bass,mid and etc..

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have watched a lot of his videos. That guy is talented for sure but I don't get why he charges so freaking much! I wouldn't mind doing one with a nexus7 but I'm not an apple fan

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my 91 I have a EQ that I plug my phone or ipod into. On my next driver Im doing a Ipad just like brycebba did. BTW nice job brycebba

You must be registered for see images attach

Same system in my truck, its awesome.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Same system in my truck, its awesome.

Where do y'all keep your phone/mp3/tablet?

Right now I keep my phone in the CD delete pocket. I just got a tablet and it won't fit in the pocket.

I'm going to think out loud here...

I don't like the spring clamp types of things I tried one with my phone and I'm looking for something I can easily remove with one hand and the spring things seem to take two hands and also they block the buttons or jacks.

I think I could adapt this mount

Another view

I'm thinking I could hack it up something like this and it could tuck away in the cd delete pocket. I took the case it came with and ripped the cover off so I could use the shell the tablet snaps into to attach to their quick release plate. If I'm right about how thick that plate is, I can put some velcro on the shell and the cover and I can velcro it back into its case without too much issue.

Thoughts? Anyone see a simpler way that I might be overlooking?

Last edited:

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just set my phone on the center console. I'm going to build a new console that will have a spot for the phone to go with a wireless charger built in.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
^^ Wireless charge cradle would be cool. I took out my center console -I like having that space open. Center console makes me claustrophobic.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a ProClip for my Sirius radio, I believe they sell phone/tablet adapters for them...

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I just Velcro my phone to my dash next to the steering wheel, fully reversible and super cheap.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics of the ProClip...