Penetrating oils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwbudaman

Reaction score
There are dozens of different penetrating oils/fluids available off the shelf, and on the web, to assist with disassembling of corroded/rusted nuts, bolts, etc.

Of those, I have tried PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, corrosionX, to name a few.

NONE have performed as described or advertised.

Has anyone here found a penetrating oil that will do its stated job, and in a short period of time (an hour or less for sake of discussion)?

Thanks for your thoughts!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I used PB Blaster yesterday on my suspension parts and it worked great. I did put it on the night before though :shrug:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Your best bet is to let something sink in and take effect. If you know you will be replacing a part etc... spray some on the night before.

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
apply your pb blaster, liquid wrench etc... lightly tap the fastener for several minutes to set vibration through it

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you still buy Kroil? I used to use it a long ass time ago..but havent seen it in a long time. If its available...No comparison. Best out there.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I buy Kroil by the case, far superior to pb blaster which I also have at the house. Zep reserve is good too, I get it from work.