Penetrating oils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it for you to get your hands on P2?

Not hard, we use it at work. I don't know where to buy it from though except on line, they offer a free trial on the site....

https://secure.cnchost.com/kanolabs.com/orders/order_kroil.shtml

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been hearing more and more about the whole DIY 50/50 penetrating oil, has anyone here tried it?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I use Liquid Wrench exclusively after a test I saw on some forums years ago. Seemed to work very well for me when doing my lift kit, better than PB Blaster. I will say that I've heard Kroil is even better, but I've never used it and LW is more readily available.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even though pb blaster has to sit for awhile......it works great.....but i have also had alot of luck with zep-45

kwbudaman

Reaction score
Interesting comments, all. During the course of the discussion on this thread, I found a different product, called "Free All Oil". (Web site is Freealloil.com.) Anybody had/used this product? When I was reading the web site, and checking for distributors, I found a local heavy duty towing and recovery company I have used in the past, is a distributor. So, I trotted right over there, and picked up a small can for a trial. (Owner says that is all he uses, and he uses more than he sells.) Object of the trial is the exhaust manifold studs on my 2000 GMC L29 that I have owned since new. I'll be posting whatever happens soon as I get to use it.

Edit update: Got to use it yesterday (30 January), and it worked better than the other penetrating oils I named previously. Got the nuts loose; took about 3-4 hours and 1 to 4 applications depending upon which nut was being worked on. Definite improvement. I will continue to experiment with other penetrating oils as time and availability permit. Got my sights on trying some stuff from kimball midwest.

Last edited:

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
kimball midwest torq "cb" corrosion blasting penetrating oil is some bad ass stuff. Its what we use at work.