PawPaw Green My 98z71 build

What do you guys think about old pawpaw green?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zelly98z71

Reaction score
Depends on how loud you want and if you want a nice rumble or the higher pitched crackle.

I'd recommend a Magnaflow muffler, cat delete with a pair of long tube headers.

really not very loud at all. Just a mellow rumble something deep. maybe just enough to know its running and switching out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You won't make much progress on the exhaust as long as those stock logs and puny 1 7/8" head pipes remain.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Sure is a nice truck, but if you want a true grandpa mobile ya gotta have a lighted visor and fiberglass running boards lol
lol! Am I the only younger guy who likes those fiberglass running boards? I swear, I think I am 50+ years old on the inside lol. If I get another truck in the future, I want to have those on it. :D And don't forget about the wood trim. ;)

@Zelly98z71 I think you should keep the toolbox, but get rid of the brush guard. Also, may we see some interior pics please? :D

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol! Am I the only younger guy who likes those fiberglass running boards? I swear, I think I am 50+ years old on the inside lol. If I get another truck in the future, I want to have those on it. :D And don't forget about the wood trim. ;)

@Zelly98z71 I think you should keep the toolbox, but get rid of the brush guard. Also, may we see some interior pics please? :D
Lol! I like them on certain trucks, usually the one that are kinda showy, not ones like mine that are rusty lifted 3/4 tons

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Yeah I like them on certain trucks too. They look best on GMT400 Chevy trucks. ;) I have seen them on the 07+ trucks, never knew they still made them back in 07. o_O

Before I re-did my truck, I was looking so badly for a pair of fiberglass running boards (skirts) for my truck but couldn't. What's even rarer is the third door skirts, I saw one blue truck in my local town and it dropped my mouth to the floor when I saw it. Oh well, I put fender flares on it instead, they look better. :boti:

Dhash

Reaction score
41,*** miles . Don't know if I want to customize or not

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Did someone say fiberglass side skirts and wood trim?
Picked up this beaut a few weeks ago. I wish the sheet metal was in as good of shape as the op's truck.

Last edited:

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I like them on certain trucks too. They look best on GMT400 Chevy trucks. ;) I have seen them on the 07+ trucks, never knew they still made them back in 07. o_O

Before I re-did my truck, I was looking so badly for a pair of fiberglass running boards (skirts) for my truck but couldn't. What's even rarer is the third door skirts, I saw one blue truck in my local town and it dropped my mouth to the floor when I saw it. Oh well, I put fender flares on it instead, they look better. :boti:
Agreed, fender flares look sweet:head3:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Did someone say fiberglass side skirts and wood trim?
Picked up this beaut a few weeks ago. I wish the sheet metal was in as good of shape as the op's truck.

Duuuuuuuddddeee! That's exactly what I am talking about! That stuff makes me drool! LOL! Is that a third door? *whispers* please be a third door, please be a third door! *whispers* I have been looking up and down for some third door running boards, just can't find any! Anyway, please post some interior pics! That truck wouldn't happen to have woodgrain gauge clusters? If it is a third door, I might possibly want to buy them from you. Would not be a problem fixing them up if they are slightly chipped and dinged. If you are wanting to sell them that is...

But anyway, that is a great conversion you got there! BE PROUD!!! :D

41,*** miles . Don't know if I want to customize or not

Put some of those fiberglass running boards on and you got yourself a badass truck, lol. :D Maybe put some 350SS stickers on while you are at it. ;) If it has a 350... Ebay makes other custom engine size (305SS, 502SS, etc.), decals as well.

Last edited: