P1860 code 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1860 code and I rebuilt transmission so it's not the tcc solenoid I herd it could be the ignition switch any thoughts on what could throw that code thanks for your time.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the ATSG manual:
You must be registered for see images attach

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for reply this really helps alot do you think it will over heat the transmission if I drive it like this it's been awhile the last transmission overheated under heavy tow I don't think the torque converter can lock up fully

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you have a stock stall converter, then it shouldn't cause any overheating issues as long as you're just driving it, assuming nothing else is faulty. I drove my 98 for several months while trying to troubleshoot a non-electrical lockup issue. I monitored the trans temp with a scanner and it didn't get any hotter than with functional lockup, though I do have a fairly large external cooler installed. All I can say is monitor trans temps.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a gauge it got as hot as 210 towing up a big mountain but then dropped down to 180 right away as soon as got off Hill I did install a external cooler converter is stock but has a vette servo and progressive line shift and sonax upgrade what is too hot I think it should be what ever engine temp is thermostat like 180-210 sound ok

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fine, you shouldn't have any issues at those temperatures, so long as the 210 is just under very heavy loads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wjauto1777