P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMCN

Reaction score
I'll give you guys the run down of everything that has lead to this point.
P0507- IAC CEL...after entirely diagnosing it I replaced the IAC Valve. In the mean time I had a horrendous oil leak at the back of the intake. After replacing the IAC P0507 still remained and lead me to replace the intake manifold gasket to cure the oil leak and attempt to resolve the IAC code.

After replacing the intake gasket, I had P0300- Random Misfire code and P1345- Cam Position Sensor codes. I re stuck the distributor and those codes clear indicating the distributor is properly aligned but now I am getting a P0305...

I have replaced. Cap, rotor, wires, plugs, IAC Valve, EGR Valve, Coolant Temp Sensor, Oil Pressure Sensor, Cylinder #1 Spider Injector... I have replaced these over the last several months working through multiple issues... I have no vacuum leaks (tested with carb cleaner and propane torch), the truck isn't backfiring, it is idling a little rough and I smell a little Unburnt fuel...

At this point I'm at a loss, I have read thru numerous forums and all signs lead me to a shop with a scan tool at this point. Does anyone have any last minute ideas before I take it and have it scanned?

Thanks

RMCN

Reaction score
I should add before I started this intake job, the truck ran pretty good. Except I couldn't pass a state inspection with all the emissions codes it was throwing... And the leaking was becoming pretty excessive in the driveway...

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll need to take it to a shop to have the cam retard set anyway.
Just because it runs doesn't mean it's set correctly. Shop with a TechII, EFI Live or Snap on MODIS
can take care of that. I just paid $65 to have this same thing done. Truck has never run better.

RMCN

Reaction score
Update: Went and had the scan tool hooked up today. Timing as far as the ignition/distributor was correct. After looking into it further I had a bad injector. I replaced that and cleaned the other injectors and the truck runs good now. After driving around a couple miles the P0507 code popped up again... I have already replaced it so it's under warranty, I'll try another tomorrow. But every other option has been exhausted trying to get that code gone... Any ideas on the P0507?