P0300 code after lower intake gaskets and mpfi install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm hoping its just a timing issue. Fired right up but runs a bit rough. It looked like I got my marks lined up when I dropped the distributor back in. Guess it goes to the shop next week to have the timing checked. Happy Easter

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just changed the oil and took it for a spin. misfires and loss of power. I REALLY hope it's the timing. Happy Easter!!!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the tabs that hold on the distributor cap broken? All plug wires are on good?

You need to set the camshaft position sensor offset (CMP retard) to zero degrees, plus or minus two at around 1100-rpm. You can use a Bluetooth OBD adapter and DashCommand or CarGauge Pro app. Just loosen the hold down clamp and turn the distributor housing until it gets to that degree value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the tabs that hold on the distributor cap broken? All plug wires are on good?

You need to set the camshaft position sensor offset (CMP retard) to zero degrees, plus or minus two at around 1100-rpm. You can use a Bluetooth OBD adapter and DashCommand or CarGauge Pro app. Just loosen the hold down clamp and turn the distributor housing until it gets to that degree value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, screws went in fine, didn't hear a crack when screwing it down. Cap, rotor, wires and plugs all ac delco are new within the last month. Ran great before. I dropped that dizzy in 87 focking times before it finally dropped in with my marks. Putting a screwdriver down to align the with the oil pump drive is a focking nightmare. Whoever said this was an easy job is underestimating it for a weekend mechanic lol. Took me Friday night when I got home from work, 9-5 saturday and an hour this morning to button it up

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always triple check your firing order, I checked it again when I got home from work tonight . Crossed 2 on the drivers side. Runs great now, go figure