P0174 TROUBLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE GOT THIS CODE AND ONLY THIS CODE.I KNOW SOME HAVE GOTTEN P0171 AND P0174 TOGETHER BUT I ONLY GOT P0174 CODE BY ITSELF. I HAVE ALREADY CHECKED o2 ALREADY CAUSE I CHANGED THEM THEY ARE BOTH BRAND NEW AND AS WELL I CHECKED THE MAF SENSOR. I ALSO CHECKED VACUUM LEAKS. THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS WHEN I LEAVE IN MORNING TO WORK IT DRIVES FINE AND IDLES FINE AS SOON AS I GET CLOSE TO WORK IT STARTS TO FEEL LACK OF POWER AS WELL AS IDLES BAD WHEN IM AT A RED LIGHT OR STOP SIGN BUT ONCE I GET TO WORK AND LEAVE IT THERE IN TILL IM READY TO GO HOME ITS FINE IN TILL I GET CLOSE TO HOME DOES THE SAME THING. SO IT LOOKS LIKE AFTER IT WARMS UP THEN IT STARTS DO HAPPEN. PLEASE HELP HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE BY THE I HAVE 98 SILVERADO WITH A 305

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google says dirty MAF sensor or vacuum leak.

You sure the O2 sensor isn't bad out of the box?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I bet it's an intake leak, the gasket leaks when warm, spray down the intake near the head when its warm and running rough with some brake clean and see if it causes it to sputter

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
WELL I CHANGED THE INTAKE GASKETS LIKE 2 YEARS AGO COULD HAVE IT GONE BAD ALREADY I CHANGED CAUSE I DID A HEAD JOB SO I DECIDED TO CHANGE IT

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Well, if it's only showing one bank and not the other, then it most likely is something like that, the other common things are MAFs, or fuel pumps, but it should throw both bank codes

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
SO I CLEANED THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR AND PUT A NEW FILTER PLUS CHANGED THE PCV as well as the spark plugs and no change at all still doing the same thing. what else can it be please guys this is pissing me off that i can figure it out

Last edited:

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would bet it's the intake gaskets on bank 2. If you could view the fuel trims you would probably see a +20/+25 on that bank.

Has the CSFI/spider injectors ever been replaced or upgraded? That's a pretty common problem on those motors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk