oxygen sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bertiespeed

||*||CDNP 4 life
Reaction score
94c1500 .Ok so i get code 13 (o2) look it up in manual single wire o2 . So i go pick it up go to install and theres a 3 wire installed ?? Take it back to swap part and told they dont have 3 wire listed for my truck ? I looked online all i see is single wire o2's . The connecter aint even the same . Whats the deal here ?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockauto lists three wire sensors for the '95 model 5.0L.
Denso #2343005
NTK #21003
Bosch #13077

Your local parts house should stock or be able to cross one of those numbers. They also list different part numbers for the '95 TBI models, only change appears to be the connector. You may want to look at their catalog and compare the pics they have to what your sensor looks like.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would not use bosch sensors, only ACDelco. Also I would check a different parts store.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly think Bosch gets a bad rep from all of the parts house doofus's and mechanics that have recommended an O2 sensor to fix an O2 code, when the sensor was never the issue. I've worked for several national parts stores, and know that two of them do (or at one time did) stock only Bosch sensors, and that the Bosch prices were often cheaper than other brands that could be ordered. As for the times when a Bosch was installed and threw a code where another brand did not, I can only say that there are different styles of O2 sensors and that Bosch's compatibility may be lacking. They are far too large a company and supply far too many OEM's with factory parts to be as bad at making O2's as some would believe. I'm not trying to single you out TTZ06, as you are entitled to your opinion as anybody else, I simply see the blanket statement that Bosch makes bad sensors too often not to put my .02 in.

All that being said, TTZ06 is right about ACDelco. They (and Delphi) are about as foolproof as you can get for a GM product. If you want guaranteed fit and function, go OEM.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well in my formed opinion, on a boosted car, the bosch sensors would last maybe a month where as the acdelcos are lasting over a year. I know the OP is not talking boosted but for me and several others running other cars that way, if it cant hold up with that vs the acs that can, imho makes the ac a better sensor hands down.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Well in my formed opinion, on a boosted car, the bosch sensors would last maybe a month where as the acdelcos are lasting over a year. I know the OP is not talking boosted but for me and several others running other cars that way, if it cant hold up with that vs the acs that can, imho makes the ac a better sensor hands down.

That's interesting, because at one time or another Bosch actually made sensors for GM. "AC Delco" isn't an actual brand, just a private label for GM parts. Depending on the contract they can be Delphi, Bosch, etc.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a couple Bosch o2s from parts stores that sucked. Last year I replaced a new Bosch with a new Denso that was recommended to me with great improvement! Closed loop works a lot better now.