overhead console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norad848

Reaction score
How about the wiring? Is the wiring there, in the trucks that didn't have a factory console? I just had my headliner out and I didn't see anything?

I have a 96 Sierra ECSB.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the wiring might not be there but its a simple power and ground wire!
also NBS overheads do fit OBS trucks as well, tho not sure HOW NEW WILL WORK but i know for a fact that 2000 trucks have the same setup. i just made my own frankenstien console with all the goodies i could find!
first 95 suburban overhead console that has screws so you can easily recover the thing. then snagged map lights from a 2000 overhead since they have larger map lights and the lenses are super clean and dont yellow as much. and then i snagged the HOMELINK garage door section from a 96 s10 blazer. the map lights are still plug and play but i just have to connect the 2 wires from the homelink to the maplights power wire. very simple!

i love making my own console from 3 seperate consoles.LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

map light comparison picture i did out in junkyard before i found the homelink door.
i was so happy to find the map lights where the same. only thing is the NBS and some newer OBS trucks there overhead consoles are melted together so you have to break all the plastic melted tabs to seperate the console. :(
i was going to use the nbs plain garage door door cause it fits much tighter. thats why the console is silver but the door is black. im going to paint it so its all good to me! im going to do some custom fiberglass work on the front section of mine.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can drill out the heads of the welds and install small screws in the consoles to put them back together after upholstery.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well you cant just screw it back together. the old ones had holes for the screws, the newer style covers are solid melted tabs. your best bet is to glue/epoxy the two pieces together.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Do the Reg Cabs still have the screw hole up front? Or just use self tappers all around? I just pulled a console from a Early 90s Suburban with rear AC controls. Got it for $15. Its blue but Im going to paint and recover it with the rest of my interior.