overhead console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alright, some im ready to install it. But how exacly do you? i figure the back of it has hooks, so the just hold up on the headliner. what about the front? the screw, screws in where exacly ? And for the lights... can the map light light up when i open the door? but also light up with the push of the buttons, but with the doors closed?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The hooks on the back go in holes in the roof. Do not hang it from your headliner! And actually, I don't think your regular cab will have the holes in the roof for it already. So, you have two options. You can take your headliner out and cut holes in the metal for the back two tabs, and then shoot a self tapping screw through the front (after putting headliner back up), or do what I did on my RCSB years ago and take a dremel to all the tabs on the console and shoot a couple self tapping screws through the storage pockets in the console into the roof (without removing headliner).

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
The hooks on the back go in holes in the roof. Do not hang it from your headliner! And actually, I don't think your regular cab will have the holes in the roof for it already. So, you have two options. You can take your headliner out and cut holes in the metal for the back two tabs, and then shoot a self tapping screw through the front (after putting headliner back up), or do what I did on my RCSB years ago and take a dremel to all the tabs on the console and shoot a couple self tapping screws through the storage pockets in the console into the roof (without removing headliner).

what he said!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I dont beleive the rc have the slots in the cab roof for the hooks on the console. Just run short self tappers through them

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd be scared of going all the way through the outside skin.

There is a large gap. Its over an inch. After compensating for the thickness of the headliner material and the console itself I believe I used 1 1/4" screws.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
There is a large gap. Its over an inch. After compensating for the thickness of the headliner material and the console itself I believe I used 1 1/4" screws.

I didn't realize there was that much room.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
plus there is an inner and outer skind the mounting screws for the front are like 2 inches long