Options for a 4/6 drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
What are my options when it comes to lowering my 1995 ecsb silverado? What is the best the cheapest? and all that . im new to trucks. Also how would i go about lowering it myself? can anyone direct me in the right direction, as in cutting springs? also if you could post pics of a 4/6 drop on 22's that would help also!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
the best way would be 2'' drop coils and spindles up front and a flipkit in the rear, pretty easy to install, cutting the c-notch is probably the hardest part but that too is not all that bad. you will most likely have to roll your fenders and check the offset/backspacing in your wheels as well. also, get good shocks as well and she will ride like a caddy. dubmission82 has a 4/6 on 22s i believe?? no 22s but heres my 4/6 on 20s..
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would suggest DJM spindles and DJM 2 inch drop spring's for the truck, and either a Belltech or DJM flip kit for the rear, and make sure you put a carrier bearing spacer on it since it's an ext. cab, and I like Belltech Nitro Drop shock's, but everyone has different preferences on shock's. In my opinion Belltech makes a better c-notch though as it wraps around the frame and doen't just bolt to the side like the DJM does.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i cant post big pics but i have a '96 sierra ex cab lowered 4/6 or 4/7 and i have beltech drop spindles and springs and beltech flip kit wit bolt in notch and beltech spindles. with nitro drop shocks on all 4 corners and shock extenders in the back...idk if i have a carrier bearing shim or not. got the truck lowered. but it rides great, i wouldnt do beltech spindles cause the push the wheels further out, im about to do arms and a 2" coil...and im running 255/70/15...the rub at full lock.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I have a couple of set's of Belltech spindle's and yeah they def. push the wheel's out .5in. per side, that's why I didn't suggest them. I have seen a couple set's of DJM arm's snap off up by the balljoint, I will never own a set of them.

OGKoopa.

Reaction score
Im new to trucks and idk what a C-notch is. or carrier bearing spacer. and my wheels are already showing past the fender line, since theyre wide. dont need them pushed out more lol.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, a c-notch is the frame notch that is cut and made on the frame directly above the axle for clearance, and when a flip kit is used a small bolt in notch is all that is required. The ones we referred to you do not require you to cut the bed floor either. On an ext. cab 2wd gmt 400 there is a 2 piece drive shaft, in the middle is a support mount with a bearing in it, it's called the carrier bearing, with a flip kit it need's raised up with a spacer to keep your driveline angles correct so that you don't get vibration's in your driveshaft from bad u joint angles.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
the djm spindles dont push out tires like other brands.

Do you want shocks?

Im good friends with mike and mark there so I get some great deals to save people money and back it up with 24/7 support if you need pricing shoot me a pm or email me at [email protected] and I will get you rolling.

dexter544

Reaction score
I just ordered a 4/6 kit will I need to roll my fenders to run 275/40/20's on the front running 8.5" wheels?