Opinions on vortec 454 rebuilt injectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used rebuilt/remanufactured injectors on the vortec 454? I need to get injectors and was looking at the remanufactured injectors.

I will probably go with a new set of lucas but would not mind saving money to use for other parts I need for my build.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please no! I went through injector hell before I did what I should have done all along and bought brand new upgrades from fiveo motorsports. They offer an excellent warranty and I have had terrible luck with every kind but theirs. I bought blue Knights from them and my truck runs perfect now. Check out my threads if you want more info

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
That's good to know. I plan on getting new lucas injectors from fiveomotorsports. I was just looking into other options. Looks like new is the way to go.

How much are the blue knight injectors? 8 lucas are $340

Last edited:

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I the the blue Knights were like 420 when I bought them. I bought the 22lb version because I was doing custom tunes and stuff but they have a 19lb version which the guy told me works great

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look up vortexas . Justin used ls1 injectors with good results. Pm him. Iirc it's a direct swap.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/member.php?6463-VorTecxas
He actually helped me out a lot with the troubles I had that led to injector replacement. He does have custom tuning and stuff to support the 24lb ls1 injectors which is necessary to get it to run or it just over fuels the engine. I tried 3 ls1 sets that were "new" from eBay and none worked. They are the reason I have so much speed at taking the intake plenum off. 6 times overall was frustrating and I wish I had just done it right the first time. Good learning experience

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I will be getting the Lucas injectors. A friend has used them in two of his trucks with no problems.

I have to stay stock for now. I can't do a tune at this point.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I'm running a set of South Bay Fuel Injection Service, reman 5.0 Bosch injectors. they've been flawless so far for $140 shipped and carry a 3 year warranty.

Don't waste your money on ls injectors or reman factory units. They'll both fail eventually.