Older 350 engine to TBI swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90bowtie

Reaction score
I have searched around alot and haven't found what I was looking for. I want to rebuild an engine this winter for my truck and already have a complete '73 350 sbc from a Monte Carlo. What I need to know is what all will work with my '90 k1500? I can assume the tbi heads and intake will need to be on the older block when it is done and that the dipstick is on the other side, but thats no big deal. Is there anything else I'm not thinking of?
The engine will be rebuilt mostly stock,maybe a good rv cam and do the tbi mods.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Knock sensor will be needed. And you can update to vortec heads if you want a little boost. They sell vortec head to tbi intakes, or you can use an old 4bbl intake and mod the mounting holes and run an adapter plate to run the tbi system. There are a ton of vortec head swaps here and all over the web to see all the parts and info needed.

90bowtie

Reaction score
Cool thanks, didnt give the knock sensor a thought. And the Vortec heads would be a nice touch.