Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sean coleman

Reaction score
hello all i am brand new to the gmt400 scene. i bought the truck and decided to do an engine swap. the new motor is a 355 sbc with a holley sniper efi system that is stand alone. i went with a th350 so i dont need to have the ecu trying to shift the truck and freaking out. i want to use the stock ecu but i need to delete the trans off of it. i want to keep my ac and i planned on using the ecu for the alternator. i cant find anyone who can help me tune it so i was wondering if there was anyone in this thread who has done the same and can help me solve my issue thank you all in advance

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
This is a very confusing post. With the th350 and Holley efi what do you need the stock ECU for? What does the alternator have to do with anything, it's not computer controlled. The AC can be made independent of the ECU.

sean coleman

Reaction score
This is a very confusing post. With the th350 and Holley efi what do you need the stock ECU for? What does the alternator have to do with anything, it's not computer controlled. The AC can be made independent of the ECU.
how would i go about wiring the altenator, and how would i do the ac independent

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a holley sniper on my 94. The alternator connects to the battery so just connect it like you always do. Im still running my stock obd1 to control my stock cluster and my trans ( 4l60e). Its not doing a good job so ima get a stand alone controller but im not deleting the trans off my stock chip. I dont think its needed. Hook it all up and see what happens. Not using the obd1 to control the trans is no different than not using the obd1 to control fuel delivery.

sean coleman

Reaction score
I have a holley sniper on my 94. The alternator connects to the battery so just connect it like you always do. Im still running my stock obd1 to control my stock cluster and my trans ( 4l60e). Its not doing a good job so ima get a stand alone controller but im not deleting the trans off my stock chip. I dont think its needed. Hook it all up and see what happens. Not using the obd1 to control the trans is no different than not using the obd1 to control fuel delivery.
i have no issues with fuel delivery. thanks for clearing up the alternator did you have to do an independent ac control or does yours work okay stock

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have no issues with fuel delivery. thanks for clearing up the alternator did you have to do an independent ac control or does yours work okay stock

Thats my point. You have no issues with fuel but you didnt "delete" it off the obd1. I hope that makes sense. My ac is all stock and works great.

Go to gear efi.com. there are some folks who can burn chips for you. I dont think its. Needed though. Did your truck have a 4l60e before u put a th350 in it?

sean coleman

Reaction score
Thats my point. You have no issues with fuel but you didnt "delete" it off the obd1. I hope that makes sense. My ac is all stock and works great.

Go to gear efi.com. there are some folks who can burn chips for you. I dont think its. Needed though. Did your truck have a 4l60e before u put a th350 in it?
yessir'

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, 6395 is your PCM. How, or do you, plan to control timing? Here's a link to service manuals that should help you figure out your A/C and other stuff.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-95-service-manuals.43575/

Another thought, you could go to the EBL Flash-II and learn how to program what you want and don't want. Since you're not going with an auto trans, it'll work.
https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

You can also go with an emulator like the Ostrich 2.0
http://www.moates.net/realtime-emulation-c-95.html

Or like @Tim W suggested, you can go to GearHead-EFI.com and get someone to help burn a chip for you.