nv3500 to 4l60e swap now reverse lights stay on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shtbox

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post here got no luck on performance trucks.net well I have already gone thru too many nv3500s so I switched to 4l60e.the truck is 91 swb step side Silverado 350 TBI.I grabbed a 4l60e from a 93 Silverado off craigslist(got burned on that deal)93 wiring harness and ecm from parts truck.after I installed it all when I started it the reverse lights stay on all the time,I didn't want to switch steering columns because I wanted to go floor shifter but if I have to I'll put the column shifter out of the parts truck in there?any advice would be apreciated

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So you've replaced the engine compartment side of the harness so you can get the transmission and PCM connections? You're lacking the under dash stuff that would go to the neutral safety (and also reverse light) switch that mounts on the automatic steering column down near the firewall, inside the truck.

Without spending time poring over the harness differences in the manual or going outside and climbing under my trucks (I have two 94's, auto and manual) - since you want to run a floor shifter, were you going to hook up a reverse light switch to it? If not...punt; pull the bulbs.

Richard

shtbox

Reaction score
Thanks some other guy yea I gotta an inspection guy that's pretty lenneant so I guess I'll pull the bulbs thanks.seems kinda stupid cus I got the parts truck with the column but then again I already got the big hole in my floor already so ah idk.