Now that shes done, some pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trees.... yup, but none that I can do that with. I was thinking about the rafter location in my garage trying to figure out if I can rig up a chain fall. Not looking too promising.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get some 2x4 or 4x4 and lift the bed and wedge them under then put cinderblocks under the wood to raise it up. then just roll the truck out of the way.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seen and done tons of ways, can you get a strap like ratchet strap around a ceiling beam or truss in the garage? if so use two and hook em in front of the bed, up over the beam and into the back of the bed, crank it up, and you'd have to be carfeul letting it down since they usually fully release.

Maybe build you a frame of wood to do the same, think of it as a big sing set frame. Build it to look that way. use straps or whatever.

Add some wood supports into the garage roof for a comealong or chain fall thing.

Use wood and blocks or saw horses as we've done before. We did dad's bed that way, his s-10 we used the straps and roof beam, and then sit it on sawhorses with landscape timbers crossing under the bed from horse to horse. We pulled his 84 short bed in my yard with 2 2x6's that were used and concrete blocks. We grabbed the bed and lifted it enough to get the 2x65's under flat ways, then raised it up one side at a time, one guy raise, other stack block, move to the other side and repeat, done that until it was high enough, drove out from under it, let it down block at a time, until we sit the front on a wheel barrow then we grabbed the back and had the wife's grab and steer the wheel barrow out of the way. sit it on blocks in the yard. Wheeled it back in the same way, then lifted it up one side at a time again block by block and backed under it. Then just took em out block at a time worked great. I wished we had longer boards though it was close bacing under it.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are those just stock replacement headlamps/parklamps? they look really clean