Not sure what do do with the Yukon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDGuy

Reaction score
So I've been trying to sell my Yukon lately even though I've owned it for only 2 and 1/2 months. Just wanted some opinions from people.

My Yukon is completely rust free and even though it's 4x4, I just moved back to Michigan and I refuse to let a single winter here get to this truck. My other problem is with fuel costs. Right now I'm just doing some odd jobs to make a little money while working on some decent job opportunities which I would need to move for. Anyway, I'm not in the position to get a small commuter car or buy a 2nd vehicle to drive in the winter months, so should I just sell the Yukon and call it done? I'd just use some of the money to buy a beater and put the rest away so I'm closer to getting my Mustang (which I'll probably buy and then be asking myself 2 months later why I bought it).

The Yukon has been paid for since I bought it and it's been reliable on the 4, 1500 mile trips it's been on in the last 2 months so I'm hesitant to sell it...

Not that anyone really cares or that this decision depends on my life, but I was just curious.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd keep it man. If its reliable then it sounds like its worth it for you. Who knows what pile you would get if you sold it.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed....it hasn't done you wrong... I would keep it... when the snow hits, you are going to want something that can handle it.

NDGuy

Reaction score
That's what I'm leaning towards. I know it will require more maintenance as it gets older but as long as it doesn't start nickle & diming me to death I plan on keeping it for life.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Do like I am planning to do, keep it and drive it while making some money, and later on down the road get a little gas saver car to use to save on gas and keep the Yukon at home, maybe drive it once a week or so.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That's what I'm leaning towards. I know it will require more maintenance as it gets older but as long as it doesn't start nickle & diming me to death I plan on keeping it for life.

Well we are here to help when stuff does wear out or break!

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
like said above, you put 6k on it in 2 months and no issues. Id keep her. even if something does go wrong most things for these trucks are alot cheaper then import gas savers or newer trucks.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
like said above, you put 6k on it in 2 months and no issues. Id keep her. even if something does go wrong most things for these trucks are alot cheaper then import gas savers or newer trucks.
This X2!!!!!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Do like I am planning to do, keep it and drive it while making some money, and later on down the road get a little gas saver car to use to save on gas and keep the Yukon at home, maybe drive it once a week or so.

I don't know how much you drive, but you also have to consider added expenses. For example, the cost of the car, insurance, registration, maintenance, and it will use some gas. I think you're just better off doing what you can to improve your mileage, and maintain your truck, but that's just me. Obviously the more you drive, the more it makes sense to get a small car (or bike).

NDGuy

Reaction score
I don't know how much you drive, but you also have to consider added expenses. For example, the cost of the car, insurance, registration, maintenance, and it will use some gas. I think you're just better off doing what you can to improve your mileage, and maintain your truck, but that's just me. Obviously the more you drive, the more it makes sense to get a small car (or bike).

I've definitely given the cost of having 2 vehicle a thought, I did it once and it was a pain in the ass more than anything. And I go through about a tank a week because of in-town driving, so it's taking a good chunk out of my wallet. I got it cleaned up real good today, gonna keep it unless I'm given a real good offer on it. New pads & rotors in the morning...