NO OTHER TRANSPORTATION PLZ HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
1995 gmc sierra
5.7 tbi
enigne has 30,00o miles since swap

hi guys im in a bad situation right now my truck dont run right. last night i was at a light and she just shut down completely i thought maybe i had run out of gas cause the needle was on empty i turned it back real quick to get out of the way and it ran like crap i rushed to the gas station and filled it up. again after fill up i turned it on and still ran like crap so i got it home. what it does is it sounds likes it misfiring, backfires when i give it throttle also smells like gas. all last night i was searching for answers on the net seemed like the cause is burnt fuel pump or clogged fuel filter. so this morning i got a ride to autozone. i bought the fuel pump, strainer, fuel filter, fuel treatment and spark plugs. i said eff it and replaced them all. after a couple of hours i finished and same damn thing nothing changed. im gonna have to miss work to try some more things out i have no other means of transportation and work out of town. so i thought i would try to get some opinions here and try them out tomorrow.
i also have a jet performance chip could it possibly be that? is that what would happen when a chip goes bad? also i have unplugged the temp sensor as well that seemed like a issue on some tbi's but no luck. hope you guys can help thank you very much i will be checking the thread.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get your ignition control module tested. It's under the distributor cap held down by two screws

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
quick google search brought up orileys and they are about 40 to 50 bucks from them