No Heat to Interior.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

In the Weeds

Reaction score
It's a 1995 3/4 ton, Wife's Truck. She had a Rebuilt Engine installed, replaced the water pump, thermostat. Water pump. Engine temp only registers about 140 degrees. Water pump is reading around 190. No heat at heated hoses. Anyone run into this type problem ?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dash gauge is rarely correct; measure engine coolant temp at the thermostat housing using an IR thermometer.

As nhyrum commented, the heater core is probably plugged. You can disconnect the hoses and try to backflush it with a garden hose. Hit either connection on it and blast that sucker out.

Richard

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does direction make any difference ? Could the hoses to the heater be reversed? I ask this from ignorance as I simply do not know. Some extra history might be helpful. Did the heater work normally just before the engine change?

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Does direction make any difference ? Could the hoses to the heater be reversed? I ask this from ignorance as I simply do not know. Some extra history might be helpful. Did the heater work normally just before the engine change?
One is 5/8, the other is 3/4 so them being reversed is unlikely. I'm going to agree with the above and say either it's plugged, or there's an air pocket due to improper bleeding after the previous repairs.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One is 5/8, the other is 3/4 so them being reversed is unlikely. I'm going to agree with the above and say either it's plugged, or there's an air pocket due to improper bleeding after the previous repairs.

My ignorance has been improved with that. Thanks ! Crud in the system or an air bubble is likely it then. Strange that it happened at the engine swap although that probably could be how an air bubble got in.

Last edited:

In the Weeds

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. The Heater worked correctly before the engine change. Possible some junk in the engine core from the rebuild. I'll have time to dive in deeper this weekend.
Thanks.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Not sure on that specific model, but on some of the newer vortec 5.7 I have seen a vacuum control in the heater hoses that quit working and didn't allow any heat in. Not likely on the 95, just a suggestion to check.