No DRL light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Tahoe's a '97 and when I bought it I had tested other ones before and they had a green Daytime Running Lamps indicator above the tach and that was in a '99 and mine doesn't have it so I don't know if it's burned out or if there isn't one. The DRLs do work, but no light on dash:hmm:.

You must be registered for see images attach

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My interior bulb light is on but no DRL's outside. I think the PO eithere disconnected them or bypassed. Don't know and at this point I'm happy without them. When I do my LED dash conversion I'll just pull that bulb out, really annoying.

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
Yeah, I pulled the DRL fuse and that stupid light is still there. It just adds to the warning lights (ABS, airbag) that are already there, so I'm not too worried about it.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know why my DRL's are hit and miss since I I'd the 4 Hi mod?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Bulb is either bad, or someone got tired of it being on and took it out when/if they ever changed a bulb back there........I haven't pulled my cluster on my 96 since I disabled the drl's so I've still got that annoying green light.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
does anyone know why my DRL's are hit and miss since I I'd the 4 Hi mod?

Not sure man, I know the drl's are on a resisted circuit so they burn at a lower voltage, hence why they aren't as bright as even your dim lights. They're only supposed to be used to warn other drivers of your presence, I've only found them useful in heavy rain/fog....which i think your headlights should already be on when it's thick like that anyways, not so much for your viewability, but for others to SEE you....I can't count how many times I've almost changed lanes in heavy rain and almost sideswiped someone because "they weren't there a second ago!!!"....freaks me out man :nono: