no automatic shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Oh and yes all my gauges work that's how I know what speed to up shift lol
Mine did that sometimes too when it went into limp mode. Sometimes the gauges didn't work, other times it did. Limp mode does weird sh*t lol, freaked me out the first time it happened. The reason the ignition switch might to be blame is because, when it starts to slowly die, it doesn't send enough power to the transmission, causing the transmission to not work right.

Also, like @Jglew82 said, it would be better to go to an autoparts store and see if they can pull the codes. They might have an OBDI scan tool, good thing is they usually do it for free.

Last edited:

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I can not get the engine light to do the flash dance to give me the codes
Are you installing the jumper with the key off or on? If you are installing it with the key on, try instead doing it with the key off, and then turn the key on (don't start it). If that doesn't work, next I would check continuity from the diagnostic terminal ground pin to chassis ground, and the data pin back to the PCM (disconnect battery if you do this).

95k150050

Reaction score
Put a actual scanner on it and got a code 22 tps voltage to low. Can that really stop a 4l60e from shifting?