NICE Overhead Consoles for sale!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a few nice overhead consoles today! These are all in excellent condition. The consoles will fit all GMT400's. Price is $50 + Actual shipping via USPS.

95-00 Overhead Console - Gray
You must be registered for see images attach

95-00 Overhead Console - Blue SOLD

88-94 Overhead Console - Tan with OEM Homelink unit. This one is $55 + Shipping - SOLD

These consoles can be easily recovered to match any headliner color, they are all in excellent condition. Any questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That first one would be awesome if you had installed a double din and needed to move the HVAC but could you actually make the HVAC in the OHC work? I imagine it'd be a wiring nightmare but well worth it for a clean OEM look.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That first one would be awesome if you had installed a double din and needed to move the HVAC but could you actually make the HVAC in the OHC work? I imagine it'd be a wiring nightmare but well worth it for a clean OEM look.

For sure man! I'm modifiying a console just like the first one pictured to fit my 67' Chevy c/10 SWB, I'm installing a aftermarket heater/AC unit under the dash to smooth out the firewall and get rid of the giant OE unit under the dash. I will be wiring the controls on the overhead console to operate the new heat/AC unit, so I can smooth out the original hole for the heater controls in the dash as well in my 67'. The possibilities are endless for these overhead consoles!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am interested in the blue one. I've got a couple questions that I'm sure you'll probably know since you seem to be extremely knowledgeable about this stuff.
I've got an Ext cab and have no need for the HVAC unit so what options are there to put in it's place?
How hard is it to come by a homelink unit and put it in the place of the garage door opener push button? If you know where to get the homelink from do you know how much it would cost?
If I ended up picking up a non blue one how/where would you recommend getting it recovered in blue?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am interested in the blue one. I've got a couple questions that I'm sure you'll probably know since you seem to be extremely knowledgeable about this stuff.
I've got an Ext cab and have no need for the HVAC unit so what options are there to put in it's place?
How hard is it to come by a homelink unit and put it in the place of the garage door opener push button? If you know where to get the homelink from do you know how much it would cost?
If I ended up picking up a non blue one how/where would you recommend getting it recovered in blue?

For the HVAC controls, you have a few options! You can pick up a what they call a HVAC Delete Plate. Which is just a blank that replaces the HVAC controls, I have one in my 94' that I can post a picture of if you would like. Another option is buying this > Dakota Digital Guage Plate if you have a need for additional aux gauges. Another option is to do as Southern Pride did, and install a back up camera monitor in the hole, and fab up a plate to fill in the sides of the monitor. Or as a last resort you can just let the HVAC controls in there.

Now the homelink units are rather hard to come by, I'm going to a place tomorrow that might have some. If your for surely interested, I can pick one up and we could work out a package deal for it. The homelink units really very quite a bit in cost. I'd imagine I could get you one in the $20 dollar range.

As far as recovering one, that is something I could also do for you. We've been upholstering interiors years and years, we've done well over 300 interiors in cars. So I could definitely recover a console for you to match whatever color headliner you'd like. Price varies from shop to shop, but I'd say $45-$50 with material is average for a job of that nature. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the HVAC controls, you have a few options! You can pick up a what they call a HVAC Delete Plate. Which is just a blank that replaces the HVAC controls, I have one in my 94' that I can post a picture of if you would like. Another option is buying this > Dakota Digital Guage Plate if you have a need for additional aux gauges. Another option is to do as Southern Pride did, and install a back up camera monitor in the hole, and fab up a plate to fill in the sides of the monitor. Or as a last resort you can just let the HVAC controls in there.

Now the homelink units are rather hard to come by, I'm going to a place tomorrow that might have some. If your for surely interested, I can pick one up and we could work out a package deal for it. The homelink units really very quite a bit in cost. I'd imagine I could get you one in the $20 dollar range.

As far as recovering one, that is something I could also do for you. We've been upholstering interiors years and years, we've done well over 300 interiors in cars. So I could definitely recover a console for you to match whatever color headliner you'd like. Price varies from shop to shop, but I'd say $45-$50 with material is average for a job of that nature. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help!

That gauge plate looks interesting! I don't really have a use for any additional gauges right now. I'd like a tranny temp gauge but idk if that's even possible on these trucks. I know it is on the newer LS trucks it should be possible as my mom's 03 burb has one in the cluster. maybe it would be possible with the 411? I might have a use for some gauges in the future though.

Do you have a HVAC delete plate? was it a stock item that I might find in a junk yard?

Is this place that you are going tomorrow somewhere that you go somewhat often? If so why don't you just look and see if they've got them and how much. I think I found a homelink unit on eBay too so I could go that route if needed.

I'm planning on going to my local yard sometime in the next week or two and hopefully picking up a few things. I'll probably look for a console and/or homelink then but I doubt that I'll find a blue one for as cheap as you are letting these go for. And I really doubt I could get a different color and recover it (even by myself) for less.

How much would shipping be to 83202?

Oh and this is the color blue that will match my 97 blue interior right?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That gauge plate looks interesting! I don't really have a use for any additional gauges right now. I'd like a tranny temp gauge but idk if that's even possible on these trucks. I know it is on the newer LS trucks it should be possible as my mom's 03 burb has one in the cluster. maybe it would be possible with the 411? I might have a use for some gauges in the future though.

Do you have a HVAC delete plate? was it a stock item that I might find in a junk yard?

Is this place that you are going tomorrow somewhere that you go somewhat often? If so why don't you just look and see if they've got them and how much. I think I found a homelink unit on eBay too so I could go that route if needed.

I'm planning on going to my local yard sometime in the next week or two and hopefully picking up a few things. I'll probably look for a console and/or homelink then but I doubt that I'll find a blue one for as cheap as you are letting these go for. And I really doubt I could get a different color and recover it (even by myself) for less.

How much would shipping be to 83202?

Oh and this is the color blue that will match my 97 blue interior right?

Yes, you could add a trans temp gauge to your truck rather easily. The aftermarket trans gauges generally come in 2 set ups, one that is a T that goes into one of the trans lines, and the other style is a wire like sender that just wraps around one of the trans lines.

I have the HVAC delete plate in my truck (see pic below) that is a OEM item. So yes they are something you could find in a junkyard. They are somewhat hard to come by, but I could surely get you one I'm sure.

PM sent also!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, you could add a trans temp gauge to your truck rather easily. The aftermarket trans gauges generally come in 2 set ups, one that is a T that goes into one of the trans lines, and the other style is a wire like sender that just wraps around one of the trans lines.

I have the HVAC delete plate in my truck (see pic below) that is a OEM item. So yes they are something you could find in a junkyard. They are somewhat hard to come by, but I could surely get you one I'm sure.

PM sent also!

Do you know anything more about the tranny temp gauges? Where one might be able to get them etc? That digital gauge thing would be nice for a tranny temp gauge and a gauge that I might have a use for in a couple of years if/when I put an on-board air system on my truck :) It's just really expensive considering that the whole overhead console costs about what it costs.

I'll respond to your pm for some of the specifics that don't need to be here.