Next hotter plug than CR43TS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also be careful not to knock the platinum tips off while gapping them

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a nice gap tool that i have owned since I started working on engines when I was 10, I have been using it ever since, but there are several way's, a gap tool, feeler gauges and a pair of needle nose plier's, etc., and yeah #1 platinum.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ok I have the coin type gap tool, I'm guessing I can just put it in there at .035 and press down, carefully. I'm a bit wary about spark plug gaps considering what I just went through haha.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I don't care for that type, I would suggest you use some regular feeler gauges and the needle nose plier method, most part's store's carry a small feeler gauage set. I still have some from the old setting point's day's.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Here's a question, looking for a good feeler gauge, I've always assumed our spark plug gaps are measured in inches, such as .035", but is that correct or is it millimeters?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
.035 is in inches, there are 25.4 mm in an inch, so 0.035" X 25.4 = 0.889 mm if you want it in metric.
To go the other way, just divide mm by 25.4 and the answer is in inches.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Alright, hopefully I'll find a good feeler gauge. But even with that, you just press down on the electrode to get it down to .035?