Next hotter plug than CR43TS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Anyone know what one step up in CR43TS plugs are? The mechanic who regapped the NGK's in my truck fixed my miss by doing that, but said that I should replace those with Delco's. I'm thinking about running one that is one step hotter than the stock ones to help the old motor out.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I know some people will disagree but I only run AC Delco Rapidfire platinum's, I really like them, it's not that they make more power but they do smooth out the idle and all around running! Also I have been using them for 15 year's with no problem's!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Have a P/N? I'm all about smooth running! It still has a little "shake", I wouldn't call it a rumble and certainly not a miss, but I do want to go back to an AC Delco plug and see if it helps. Also throwing in a new 195* AC Delco thermostat because I think I put a 165 or 180 in it and that might be hurting the cause as the coolant never gets to 200*.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
possibly but you can run the tr5's which is part number 2771 at autozone that is two heat ranges up.and yes 44's are hotter

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a cr43ts crosses to a rapid fire #1

I'm running the ngk tr5 in mine as well with no issues though

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
just don't run standard ac, those are junk, i have watched them arc internally(blue glow in the ceramic) while running in the dark.

i have run autolite in all of mine

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah also on the thermostat unless you have a chip programmed for that temp thermo. then you will also use extra gas, when the computer see's that the engine is cool it richen's up the fuel mixture until full operating temp is achieved, and with the cooler thermo. it never see's the engine at normal temp.