Newbie with 94 2500 5.7 nv4500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Hittle

Reaction score
I bought my '94 with a nicely functioning Myers blade 4 years ago. The unit had been a university maintenance plow, but only has 100,000 miles on it and both the engine and tranny run extremely solidly.

However, rust has chewed through everything on the underside of the pickup, including the rear-axle u-bolts, gasoline lines, brake lines, gas tank mounts, etc.

So, I'm not looking to refurbish this frame, but am hoping to find another truck to switch this drivetrain to.

So, I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone sell a stainless steel brake line system for an 8 lug 2500 of this vintage?

2. Same as 1, but for the gasoline lines?

3. If I find a decent 2 wheel drive truck body, how much other-than-simple-bolt-up-swapping might I be looking at?

4. Similar question as 3, but regarding either a Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban chassis?

As a point of information, my 94 is a regular cab Cheyenne package 4x4 with manual (not electronic) transfer case shift.

Thanks for letting me jump aboard here. If there is a more appropriate forum to post this query, please point me to it and I'll make the necessary change!!

Thanks!!!
Joe

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Answer to #3... will not work with out LOTS of modification.... the front a-arm set up is totally different and the crossmember is differant as well to accommodate the 4x4 stuff.... so basically it's gotta be another 4x4 frame...

sent from what use to be a great country...

Joe Hittle

Reaction score
Okay,

Obviously the front axle assembly has to be transferred. And you're saying that the crossmember does, as well.

By crossmember, are you referring to the engine cradle (k-member if we were talking mopar heresy here) or something else?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Front end is TOTALLY differant... will NOT bolt up to each other's frames...EVERYTHING is in differant spots... the crossmember is a welded in piece that can not be swapped out either.. if it's 4x4 get a 4x4 frame, 2wd get a 2wd frame..... they can not work on each other...

sent from what use to be a great country...