Newbie help please critique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some questions for you guys before I move forward. I purchased a 94 ecsb that is leveled and rides on 275/55r20 tires. Nice solid and clean truck but I do not like the look at all, plus the front rubs the sway bar at full lock. After a bit of research, reading many threads and looking at a million pics I pretty well know where I want to go with this but I have a few questions. I like the long, low and level look, maybe even a bit lower in back. My plans are a 4/7 drop using a Belltech flip kit and the leveling shackles that are already on the truck for the rear and either a DJM spindle and spring or DJM control arms and spring for the front. Will raise the carrier bearing as needed to correct pinion angle and will install shock extensions in rear. Not sure on which brand of shock to use.
This truck is a 5/7, I like the way the tires tuck but want a wider tire in back if possible. Don't want to tub it, just fit all the tire I can. Rolling and or grinding fender lips is not a problem.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have owned a static dropped 99 swb on 20s that would roll a beer can with the valence, it was cool as hell but I like the look of 15s or 17s better. I want a c3 style or possibly truck rally.
Pretty sure I have things figured out if I go with 15s. US wheels C3 style rally, 15x7 front with 4 or 4.25" backspacing and a 235/70. Thinking a 15x8 rear with 4.25" bs and a 275/60 would tuck.
No clue on the tire sizes for 17s but I did find a wheel that caught my eye, the Rev Classic 107.
17x7 front 4" bs and 17x9 rear 5" bs.
Please critique my plans and make any suggestions to help a guy out. I will have to get a new wheel tire combo before I drop it, no way I can tuck whats on it now.

Last edited:

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, don't know if this helps but for width I have 285/35/20 on the rear and in looking at them with the drop Ive got there isn't much room left side to side. I did have to trim the fender lip right up to the dbl wall. I think ita about a 8-9" drop. It has a flip kit, 1" blocks, 2" shackles and had to do a "above frame/below bed" C notch for travel other wise it bottomed out badly. Future plan is something more custom for rear suspension.
Bobby V

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, don't know if this helps but for width I have 285/35/20 on the rear and in looking at them with the drop Ive got there isn't much room left side to side. I did have to trim the fender lip right up to the dbl wall. I think ita about a 8-9" drop. It has a flip kit, 1" blocks, 2" shackles and had to do a "above frame/below bed" C notch for travel other wise it bottomed out badly. Future plan is something more custom for rear suspension.
Bobby V

Diameter is the same as 275/60/15, your tire is a touch wider. 20x10 rear wheel with 5.5-6 bs?

Reaction score
Bobby V

I’m wanting to do the same to the rear end of my truck. Get rid of the leaf springs and go with a coil over setup but that’s big money. One day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My `98 has 295/40-20`s. 10" wide wheels on a 7" rear drop. Just needed to roll the lips a bit.
Go with BellTech Street Performer shocks.
On a 7" drop I'd recommend B/T's upper shock mount relocation kit too. Part # 6658. Gets the shocks back to an acceptable angle. Use with the lower extenders.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My `98 has 295/40-20`s. 10" wide wheels on a 7" rear drop. Just needed to roll the lips a bit.
Go with BellTech Street Performer shocks.
On a 7" drop I'd recommend B/T's upper shock mount relocation kit too. Part # 6658. Gets the shocks back to an acceptable angle. Use with the lower extenders.
Ar

Agreed, my shocks were useless the with the way the stock set up had them, almost flat with the truck, much better with the extenders
Id love to have a coil over set up back there but oh the money :(
BV