Newbie from Wyoming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gojo83

Reaction score
Hi all
I am Greg and I am from Cheyenne Wyoming and I have a 98 Silverado ECSB It has 155k on it and has eaten 3 transmissions judging by the trans I pulled out last year and replaced with a built unit with a decent warranty from a local shop. The truck has a ported TB and spacer, hedman longtubes, glasspacks and dumps. Its nothing special but it gets the things done I need to get done. The truck is a "dimple darling" or if you want to be realistic it is a total loss according to the insurance company if I had reported it. This was a farm truck before I got it and so I am mostly looking to upgrade the parts that need replaced. The truck is lovingly referred to as big red, but in all reality it is more of a maroon. I was pointed this way by glendayle who is on my other car forum. If you want pics I can post a couple but it is nothing grand just looking for info on the door sag issue and see if there is a door seal issue and if there is any known issues of where the motors like to leak.

If I decide to keep this truck I will prolly build and drop in a spare 383 lt1 I have in it and stick a little turbo on it because up here at 6100 ft the truck is not super quick. It was tuned using HPTuners by me when I had free time and had the computer in the truck. There is one little thing I cant figure out though. It seems to have a miss or a cough but I only notice it more readily when I am on corn boosted gas like the 10% ethanol gas. Finally I will ask this here since I cant find anything that is 100% either way, when it gets warm the oil psi drops to like 20 psi. Is that normal?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Wow, that is some elevation you're at! I'd be suckin' wind at that height, never mind the truck! Lol!
GM says 10psi of oil pressure for every 1000 rpm is acceptable.

gojo83

Reaction score
Welcome!
Wow, that is some elevation you're at! I'd be suckin' wind at that height, never mind the truck! Lol!
GM says 10psi of oil pressure for every 1000 rpm is acceptable.

on my commute I crest at 8650 then down to 7220 for school and then back home to 6100 and my truck is averaging 15 ish on cheap gas I am not complaining lol. They also say that you can expect a full second off any et and a minute off running time. This is the reason my other drivers are boosted lol

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Awesome state you got there btw.