New Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know this has probably been beat to death, but I just want to make sure before I make this big purchase in a couple days. I'm looking at a 22x9 with 5.5" backspacing. Wouldn't this equal a 25mm offset? I've done the math over and over, and keep coming up with that. The 5.5" would move the face of the wheel 1" past the center line of the wheel, which would be 25mm of offset right? Technically 25.4... maybe I'm missing something. These are going on a bagged truck that lays frame.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
5.5BS would equal 12mm offset
You must be registered for see images attach

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
Backspace is the distance from the mounting flange to the inside back edge of the rim.

If you only have the rim width to go by, you can calculate either one, given the other. The easiest way to measure backspacing is to carefully lay the wheel face down, then lay a board or something flat across the back of the rim. Last measure down to the mounting flange, this will give you your backspacing number.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got all that. I guess what I didn't take into account was the thickness of the mounting flange. What are the specs on the wheels on your truck? I'm needing to know if the wheels I'm looking at will work before I make a $1700 mistake.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
22x9 32mm offset 6.25BS. my general rule of thumb for wheels on OBS trucks is 0 to 15mm. my wheels rub the frame at full lock