New truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no GM loyaty here either.

Ford didn't get a bail out, so if i buy new, i'd be looking at Ford.
from your posts, you seem to go thru lots of vehicles, so appriciate your reviews.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would second guess the 3.5. A buddy has one and while it had the same power as the 6.2 in my Trail Boss and got decent fuel economy empty, it suffered immensely when towing. Both our trucks could get 11-12l/100km any given day. But when we would tow up north with comparable trailers, he would be getting 19-20l/100km and I was around 15l/100km.

Thanks. I am prepared for 7ish towing our small toy hauler. Every gas motor I have used to tow the same trailer (including a ford 5.0 and 3.5 ecoboost) has gotten 7-9 mpg.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I’m a huge for fan, sweet rig! I have had a superduty of some sort since 2006, everything from a f250 to f550. Great trucks. Single cab long bed 4x4 look so rad!
The only reason I went to Ford was the regular cab. It's what I wanted and I couldn't find one with GM, especially in a diesel. I would have preferred the GM as the IFS would ride better on longer drives, but this thing has everything I wanted, except heated seat and steering wheel (but being a regular cab it doesn't take long to heat up). And the price was right. I owed nothing on my 2020 Trail Boss and they gave me (keep in mind this is Canadian) $51500 for it, and they were asking $55k for the F250, paid the difference and still don't have a payment.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
no GM loyaty here either.

Ford didn't get a bail out, so if i buy new, i'd be looking at Ford.
from your posts, you seem to go thru lots of vehicles, so appriciate your reviews.
Ford took money, they just did it a year before and took it a different way and didn't have to pay it back. Think of it this way, the government made money off GM, because they paid the money back with interest. But they lost money on Ford, because they gave them grants to develop the ecoboost engines and start EV work.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Each brand has their benefits and downfalls. I have a 68 T-Bird and 78 Bronco and few more classic GM's. I like the older Fords especially the front distributor but they were overly complicated even back then. Power steering pump powered windshield wipers in 1968 for example, lol, WTF? I prefer GM for newer than 1980 because they tend to evolve a platform and technology rather than revolutionize every couple years.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Each brand has their benefits and downfalls. I have a 68 T-Bird and 78 Bronco and few more classic GM's. I like the older Fords especially the front distributor but they were overly complicated even back then. Power steering pump powered windshield wipers in 1968 for example, lol, WTF? I prefer GM for newer than 1980 because they tend to evolve a platform and technology rather than revolutionize every couple years.
Have you seen the ball joints on 60 and 70s mopars. Talk about horrible design. And none are the same. I've been waiting three weeks for lower BJs for my 73 Newport, so far the first two were wrong, fingers crossed the set I'm waiting for now is correct. The could have at least designed it so an A, B and C body lower BJ was the same, cause C body lowers are rare.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Have you seen the ball joints on 60 and 70s mopars. Talk about horrible design. And none are the same. I've been waiting three weeks for lower BJs for my 73 Newport, so far the first two were wrong, fingers crossed the set I'm waiting for now is correct. The could have at least designed it so an A, B and C body lower BJ was the same, cause C body lowers are rare.

Luckily I havent had the pleasure to work on a classic Mopar. But those guys do have some of the best stories at car shows!

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Nice ride! As a member of the Ford and GM truck fanboy clubs and as another person who posted a Ford diesel in this subforum, I approve, as long as you're jealous of my 7.3.

Haven't tooled on a Ford this modern: does that have a body lift on it, or did they sit that far above the frame from the factory and have the running boards on those giant brackets?
No body lift, they just sit that high. The running boards mount to the cab anyway, so they would move up and down if a body lift were installed. I believe Ford put extra long mounting brackets on the Super Duties, because of how big they are. From what I've read, you can swap them with a set from an F150 and tuck them up a little higher.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights installed. These helped out a lot on the Trail Boss at night, so they should do the same on this truck.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason I went to Ford was the regular cab. It's what I wanted and I couldn't find one with GM, especially in a diesel. I would have preferred the GM as the IFS would ride better on longer drives, but this thing has everything I wanted, except heated seat and steering wheel (but being a regular cab it doesn't take long to heat up). And the price was right. I owed nothing on my 2020 Trail Boss and they gave me (keep in mind this is Canadian) $51500 for it, and they were asking $55k for the F250, paid the difference and still don't have a payment.
$55K? Can not even get a little Tacoma for that here. And a single cab? I love them, but I thought they went the way of the Dodo, with manual trans. All Good