New Suburban owner from Washington

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time traveling over the mountain passes here in Washington. I used to get away with good tires and a good car. These days they put up the chains required sign at the first snowflake. 4x4's are the exception.
So I decided to buy something that would get the job done. I found a 94 Suburban K2500 454 1 owner 111K miles with a Banks intake and exhaust kit on it for a reasonable price. So far everything checks out and the big block sound great running through the Banks headers. Why have I never owned one of these things?
We had it out on a snow covered back country road and came across a Toyota pickup that had caught a rut and was buried up to the doors in the ditch. A Durango was attempting to pull him out but it wasn't going well. I broke out my new tow strap and hooked up to his rear bumper to one of those nice hooks on the front. The slack came out and I gave it a little gas. The Toyota was mine! I didn't stop pulling until it popped out of the ditch and was sitting sideways in the middle of the road. 8,000 lbs and a big block got it done.
So far I polished the headlights and replaced the bulbs with 9012's I can see now but it's nothing special.
We had all the fluids checked and I changed out the brake fluid.
It is a California vehicle and is throwing a code 32 when you put it to the floor. California = elecctronic EGR valve.
I am going to clean out the ports and see if it helps.
I already ordered a compass /temp rear view mirror and were working on a backup camera and nav unit.
So far were having a lot of fun with it.
You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Seems to be a lot more Suburban owners joining lately, and I have to admit, you have my dream truck, a 454 with Banks gear on it! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this rig!

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Welcome from a former Washingtonian :waytogo: I have a Burb much like yours and love it.These things are very capable off-road.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, nice truck

Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. We just put another trip across the pass on it. 175 miles bare and dry this time.
It ran without a miss, I guess it's a keeper.