New menber here with a wheel and suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2PIECE

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the site here and am looking forward to learning and helping in any way that I can.
I've got my new to me 98 Silverado z71 on its way to me now from Oregon. I have been looking at wheels and tires and my head hurts from all the threads and pictures I've been looking at. I have decided that I want to go with 20x8.5 centerline stingray III's with the 6mm offset. Tires I want are the Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus in 285/50r20. I don't want to lift or crank anything and I would like to add some rear spacers to sit the tires even with the front. So is this all going to work or am I going to have to change something? Any info is greatly appreciated. Also any opinions on this tire and how it rides and feels. Oh and the truck is going to be 90% road driven and just have to deal with snow in the winter. Thanks!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
pictures help..... you can do rear blocks underneath the leafsprings to raise the rear, if its sittting lower.

I have Cooper Discoverer's on the the rear of my truck, there 35" tires though on a 15" rim so its a lot of sidewall. I bought em when i was in a jam.... they will be my next set of tires when I get new rims, I like the way they look, the price, and they seem to be holding up well.

2PIECE

Reaction score
I dont have the truck yet. Its in transit now. The suspension is all stock. I'm trying to find out if a 20x8.5 rim with 6mm offset and 5" bs with a 285/50r20 (31.6") will fit on stock suspension with no lift, no crank, and no cutting or if its going to rub and how bad it might rub. Trust me as soon as I get it I will be posting up pictures:D

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I dont know about the rims, but I am almost positive a 285 tire will not rub on a Z71 truck.

2PIECE

Reaction score
Sounds good. Sooo does anybody happen to have any pictures or know of anyone on here with a setup like I want?

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant remember, i believe so. He has a build thread somewhere for it. 98chevyz71 or something like that is his username. Id help more but im driving a tractor. Lol