New member.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'm surprised that you guys don't have dashmats. I love mine, and my dash is in perfect shape because of it. We get lots of hot sun here in summer, and my truck has never been garaged. It takes some getting used to (well, it didn't for me, because we've always had it, but it would for you guys), but I never have to worry about my dash cracking, it keeps it cooler and out of direct sun. Besides, if it gets dirty, you can throw it in the washing machine. Comes out like new.
It's a little tougher to do that with the dash. :ROFLJest:

I got top and bottom of the windshield tinted, that helps a little

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Have some Mother's brand compund and 1500 grit sandpaper, going to try that today, guys :) as for the dash, my uncle said he'd buy me a new one. Dont think a cover would work too well at this point, the glove box already has trouble opening and closing because of the cracks.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
post a pic gmcyukondriver!

Sorry man, I didn't see this till just now. Here you go. My dash is stock, and looks PERFECT!!! And we get lots of sun here in CA, couple years ago we went over a month with highs over 100. I think the highest was 113, so this really helped keep that off the plastic of the dash. You can get velcro strips to get it to sit better, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

I should also mention that this mat is as old as the truck. Put it through the washer a couple times, not too shabby. :deal:
You must be registered for see images attach

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
:lol: Im so glad I can just hop out and lock my doors, cars never get stolen in my area, just things brainless teenagers can get a hold of, like valve stem caps, headlight covers, tools, hitches.

I have yet to be robbed (knock on wood).

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
:lol: Im so glad I can just hop out and lock my doors, cars never get stolen in my area, just things brainless teenagers can get a hold of, like valve stem caps, headlight covers, tools, hitches.

I have yet to be robbed (knock on wood).

Yeah, I crank the wheel all the way to the right, and put the handle of the club between the seat and center console. It won't turn at all. I also pull my faceplate of my h/u whenever I get out, and that's why I wanted a hidden system (mainly). My sister's honda was broken into 3 times in the year or two we had it. Finally, they just stole the whole car. It was found the next day in a parking lot behind a store, stripped beyond repair or usefulness. Made me sick. Now, all vehicles are alarmed, mine is clubbed, and when I can, I'll put it in the driveway or garage. Luckily, these aren't hot ticket items here, it's mainly ricer imports, hondas, toyotas, etc. Heck, mine has been unlocked all night a couple times, nothing has ever happened.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the same color interior as you, and my dash has a few cracks in it, but I plan on getting a new one soon. I would have loved to have a truck like yours when I was 16, it's a nice truck, of course a 72 k5 blazer like I had wasn't a bad first truck either lol.