New member with Black Beauty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NEMESIS

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum so I’d like to introduce myself (NEMESIS) my truck a 1994 4x4 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 X cab short box. 350 auto, fully loaded. A few important ordered highlights, off road chassis equipment package (Z71) locking rear differential (3.42), cast aluminum 16x7 wheels (with 265/75/16 tires), H.D. trailering special equipment, H.D. cooling, roof marker lamps.
I bought the truck last fall from my friend whom ordered it new in 1994 as a spare truck to go up north fishing.
The truck was used a handful of times in summer (and winter) for the past 18 years and had 40,000 ORIGINAL miles when I bought. The truck has 48,000 on it right now and I don’t drive it through winter.
When my friend called me and said “do you want to buy my black truck?” I said without hesitation “yes”.
I’ll be there tomorrow to pick it up. The rest is history.
Two weeks ago I ordered a set of Fuel, Hostage wheels 17 x 8.5 along with a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tires @ 285/70/17 and last week I installed a 2” suspension lift kit. Today the rims came in so I had the wheels mounted and balanced. I just wanted to give it a” factory off road” look. Being that it’s only a 2” lift I wanted the wheels tucked in with no flares. What do you guys and gals think of the new look? I'm also thinking of blacking out the chrome fender molding.
My next mod will be a pair of GMT800 tow mirrors.
You must be registered for see images attach

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Wow very rare to find an obs truck with that low of miles! The new wheel and tire combo really sets it off! I'd like to run something like that on my z71

NEMESIS

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words!

All I did is just drive it home from F&F. Friday I will take it in for a front end alignment but so far these tires are nice and quiet, no road noise or howl.
This is the first time I used a non mainstream tire (Michelin, Bridgestone, Firestone,etc.) I've read positive reviews on them and I bought them on sale, buy 3 get 1 free deal so I pulled the trigger on them, plus its rated a 55,000 mile tire. We'll see.