New hunting rig coming to the stable...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
These trucks are really easy to restore. We gutted and rebuilt one at a body shop I worked at. Easy as pie.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well figured I'd update this thread. Some major things are out of the way! First, exhaust leaks were addressed. The passenger side manifold had to be replaced because it was cracked, and there was one broken manifold bolt on the passenger side and two on the drivers side, leading me to name the truck the USS Exhaust Leak the first couple weeks I've had it. That is all fixed now, and instead of stock it now goes into a Borla muffler that then Y's out the corners with 4" rolled tips like I had on the 94 and 92. Its beautiful and sounds AMAZING. Never had a truck with a muffler, love this one. Incredibly deep sound from the 6.0. Also got the A/C working perfectly with a new control unit, blend door actuator, and a trip to the dealer for a $40 relearn. Replaced the front squeak master shocks with Bilstein 5100's and replaced the driver's side CV axle. Also put in a Sony head unit and 2 Kicker comp 10's under the rear seat and replaced all the door speaker with Alpine Type E's.

Here's how it sits today:
You must be registered for see images attach

Added a black bowtie to the tailgate:

And one of my favorite mods so far, matte black NNBS 2500HD emblems:

Added a 9500lb Superwinch Tiger Shark and a 32" OPT7 C2 light bar:

Camo wrapped a couple dash pieces, unsure about it but I think I like it, will do some door pieces too:

Also added the full feature DIC with just a trim panel and the switch, something I found about while browsing GMFS. All the wiring was there and it took a total of about 30 seconds to go from only having trans temp to a full featured DIC:

On the way still are the following:
Matte Black NNBS Z71 Decals
Black Diamond Plate Bed Rail Covers and Tailgate Cover (Covers the flat part of the tailgate too).
New TPMS Sensors (these ugly wheels have none)
AND 20x10" -12 Offset KMC XD Monsters. Always wanted some! Very excited about those.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Added the z71 decals today:

Also got a shot of the exhaust and a glamour shot, man the new wheels are going to look so much better:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Update, got the wheels on. Much better! Also got the bedrails on but it was too dark for a good picture, really makes the truck look better IMO.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks! Been doing some research, I am replacing the passenger side UCA (the bushings are making a lot of noise) and cranking the front 1"-1.5" and doing some trimming and will get 37's when these tires wear out for sure.