New here and have a truck value question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nossty1

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m new to the site and this series of truck as well. I’m not sure if this is the right place or not but I’ll give it a shot.

I’m looking at 94 single cab, step side, 350, 5spd truck. It’s got 200k with a freshish engine and trans. Body is pretty rough but lacks major rust. Both fiberglass bed sides need to be replaced along with the fender and hood. Cab is solid. No radio and the ac currently isn’t working but is intact. Frame looks good. Rear end has a pretty good leak around the pinion seal. lThe truck drives pretty good. I am curious if you guys think $2500 is a reasonable offer for a truck like this. I can get replacement parts fairly easy from the local picknpull places. I am an LS guy and have multiple engines, transmissions, harnesses, etc. I may end up swapping over to that stuff in the future.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for the help.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used truck prices are impossible to gauge. If it's worth 25 to you, offer it, if not, don't.
That being said, there are a few factors to consider: 1) If you buy it and put in x amount of dollars in labor and parts, what will the truck be worth? If that math doesn't make sense, walk away. 2) OBS truck prices are starting to rise, are you looking to make money or just enjoy the truck? 3) I don't know how it is in Texas, but where I live GM truck prices hit a floor and stop. In other words, a 2wd Chevy truck that can pull itself will sell for $1000 regardless of condition, a 4wd will sell for $1500. I'm talking body rot, broken frame, sat in the weeds for 10 years, gutted interior, whatever. If that's the case where you are, figure the value of what you're looking at accordingly.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
We really need pics..
Five speeds are kind of rare, the one in question more so being that it is also technically a shortbox. The unknown history of the engine and trans are concerning though. If your aim is to flip it, $2,500 is too much. If your aim is to make it your own, ask yourself if it's got the options you desire and when you last saw another one for sale.. I've had my '89 unicorn for about four years now. Only saw one sorta like it come up for sale since then and it was clapped out.

Nossty1

Reaction score
I am mostly getting it for fun and utility but I have a tendency to modify pretty much everything. In my area it’s hard to find them them this cheap. I think it may be worth it but will just need a few junkyard trips for some items.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's not worth it, but you're not likely to find one cheaper, especially not a 350/NV3500 Stepside. I bought my 350/700R4 Stepside for $1000 from an insurance auction with a seized engine and some rust. I haven't seen one that cheap since. Price out replacement bed sides, hit the seller back with $1500 and hopefully settle somewhere around $2000. If he won't negotiate, consider walking.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AC not working is probably a sign of spending-be prepared to fork out to get it runnin again. And in Texas you'll need it.

Sthtx Nick

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m new to the site and this series of truck as well. I’m not sure if this is the right place or not but I’ll give it a shot.

I’m looking at 94 single cab, step side, 350, 5spd truck. It’s got 200k with a freshish engine and trans. Body is pretty rough but lacks major rust. Both fiberglass bed sides need to be replaced along with the fender and hood. Cab is solid. No radio and the ac currently isn’t working but is intact. Frame looks good. Rear end has a pretty good leak around the pinion seal. lThe truck drives pretty good. I am curious if you guys think $2500 is a reasonable offer for a truck like this. I can get replacement parts fairly easy from the local picknpull places. I am an LS guy and have multiple engines, transmissions, harnesses, etc. I may end up swapping over to that stuff in the future.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for the help.
Well out here in CA the obs truck prices are starting to get pretty ridiculous if it's a good solid truck with minor body parts that needs replacing but no rust and a healthy drivetrain it would be worth $2500 out here to be honest, I've seen some clapped out trucks out here going for $4k but like other folks on here have stated if you plan to keep it it's worth it if you're trying to flip it walk away..... just my 2 cents