New Guy Here, Intro Plus Request for Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am frequent poster over at TahoeYukonForum.com, and years ago was an active member at ChevyTruckWorld. I currently have a '07 Tahoe LT, with a pile of mods, but mostly OEM stuff (this pic is before my latest mod, a Escalade roof rack with PTM end caps):

You must be registered for see images attach

However, my first two vehicles were GMT-400's. My first was a '93 GMC Sierra, and you can see why I didn't have it long (sorry for the small pic):

My second vehicle (the '92 Chevy) I had for much longer, and was my baby. I did what I could to it on my part-time high school/college budget. I miss it:

My best friend in high school and still to today had a 1997 Ext. Cab White Z-71. Me owning two and always tearing stuff up in unison with him led to me knowing a good bit about these vehicles.

Now, I am older, and my financial ability is expanding :evillol:

I have been searching this week for a '95-'98 Ext. Cab Z-71, and I am picky. I just want it for a hunting vehicle/moderate restoration project. I want a green/tan two tone, with neutral/tan cloth interior, front captains. I want it mainly because this new Tahoe is going nowhere near the woods (I had two F**ds inbetween the '92 K1500 and this '07 Tahoe) and I do love the outdoors. I don't want to lift it, or add a stereo system, or anything like that - I want to restore it. I want to eventually be just like it just like it rolled off the showroom floor, with some A/T tires.

I've researched shipping costs, and seems I can get a fully insured door-door shipment of one of these trucks from $500-800, depending on where it is of course. I am not beyond shipping a vehicle, or even flying out to see one if it is just right.

I don't want to spend much on the truck itself, because I want their to be things to fix! However, I have made myself agree not to buy a truck sight unseen from north of Tennessee/N Carolina because I don't want to buy a bucket of rust.

So what I am looking for is one in the southeast/texas area. Help a brother out.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll bookmark the top one and consider it. And yeah, the bottom one is more of the blue-green. Not saying I wouldn't get it, but I'd prefer the darker one. I've been searching Craigslist locally, I'm not quite sure I'd buy from a private party sight unseen.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I know a lot about these trucks so if you see something out this way that you think you may be interested in let me know and I can definitely check it out for you and and take a **** ton of pictures for ya before you make any decision on it. I'll keep my eyes open for other trucks too.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Wow really man? That'd be awesome! I'll definitely expand my search area. And for you or anyone else who provides an inspection/test drive if I find one sight unseen I like enough to buy, I'll definitely throw something in it for you.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Welcome to the site - nice hoe!