new guy from WV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all kinda forgot to introduce myself. I already posted some threads and replied to others, lol guess I should drop an intro.

Name's Chris, I'm from Logan WV, I'm married, and I got an 88 k1500 I bought from my uncle about a year ago. Always been a chevy guy. My dad got me started. He's got an 84 c10, and I had an 86 camaro, 85 monte carlo ss which my bro-in-law has now, swapped motors with dad's 84 before it left and he's got my old cragar ss's on his truck too that I ran on it.

So far it definately looks like a great place, some of you may know me and I may kow you from FSc or 67-72chevytrucks

I'm swims350 on fsc and I'm benoit454 on 67-72.

Here's my build thread of my 88.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?848-my-88-Build-thread

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys, yea truck looks good minus the hood scoop huh? lol. That's alright it's coming off for another one this summer or spring I hope.

Nice bull bar BTW wife wants one in stainless/chrome for my truck. I like them alot too or the old style grille guards.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, again.

And ya, the hood scoop belongs on a gutless mid 70s camaro or a super stock dirt track car.

But I trust you'll get somethin better.

And what do you mean by old style grille guards?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks again guys, god dang that truck is burried lol. But yea by old style that's almost the exact same thing I had in mind. What I was thinking was the ones with 2 1/4 thick plates, one on each side and 2 round bars going across and that's it. We had one on our 86.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yea hood was gonna get scrapped until I fixed it, was bent under on the DS still, my uncle didn't take time to make it close to perfect, only enough to shut it, but it always looked popped. I fixed that now and looks better, just needs sanded, some dents fixed and painted. I was gonna get a ram air one style or the ones lmc and places sell with the one scoop, that's what the wife liked until she seen a ram air 2 or ws6 trans am style. I found the scoop made for the gmt400's on ebay and gonna buy that and mold it on, be cheaper then a hood, but I could also buy the bolt on version complete hood from the same guy.