New guy from NorCal - 209

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
Finally, looks like I found a forum for my truck. Back in the day I was into wheeling, had a lifted '94 Jeep Wrangler that was my weekend warrior and my daily driver to work that was 60 miles away. After a few years, it got too many miles and gas prices rose, and it just got too expensive to commute in. Sold Jeep, got a little 4 banger commute car, and then got into motorcycles so I could commute faster (lane splitting legal here). Last 15 years motorcycling has been my hobby. Finally tired of it. I think it's because I don't commute anymore. Anyways, got rid of my last bike and got myself a 1989 Chevy regular cab Z71 with the 5.7 engine. I had to have the transmission and differential gone through right off the bat, but after that, truck seems pretty good. Transmission guy says my trucks tranny has been gone through before and upgraded with a shift kit and stronger planetary gears. Cool.

I don't know a lot about my truck yet. It's lifted. Not sure how much. I think it's a 9" lift, but I don't know. It's sitting on 35's. Previous owner didn't know squat about it. He said it was "gifted" to him. *shrug*. Has 142,*** miles and runs strong. Passed smog with ease and fires right up every time. I'll post some pix when I get a chance. Maybe you guys can help me figure what I have here haha. This is first vehicle that I've bought that's already been lifted or lowered. I usually prefer stock and do it myself. But lifting is expensive, and well, I don't have the "toy" budget I used too :D

This truck is my weekend warrior now. I have a lowered '06 4 banger reg cab Toyota Tacoma as my daily driver.

Anyways, here I am. Been looking for a forum for a while now. I only found this one through a link someone posted on another Chevy forum.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome from Mississippi!
Glad to have you join up with us!

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
Thanks for the welcomes.

Here's a couple pix. One in front of my house, one on a day I went ahead and drove it to work. Truck isn't nearly as pretty in person as it is in pictures. It's got a lot of bumps and bruises, paint faded bad on hood and roof, a littl surface rust, etc. This truck has been rode hard and put away wet. Mechanically seems pretty solid though. Perfect for what I'll use it for. My dad has a cabin up in the mountains. That's where I'll be taking this truck a lot.

I would love some help identifying what lift I have. Previous owner said it's a 9", but I'm not so sure about that. Truck is currently sitting on 35's, but might of had larger in the past, because there's some major rub damage on wheel opening corners, and I don't think it's from these tires. But at same time, it just might be a 9" simply because when I park next to other full size trucks on 35's, my rear bumper is quite a bit higher.

Any pictures I can take that'll help identify lift I can get for you. Just let me know what to take a picture of. Thanks in advance. I figured out what engine I have, and trans. Still working out which lift I have, and gearing too. I think it's 3.73's, but not sure. Also rear end has a locker, but I heard some of the Z71's had/have a stock locker, so maybe it's just the stock locker? So much I don't know about this truck. Maybe if I am real lucky, guy who did all these mods to truck (there's quite a few) is on this forum.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images