New guy from Missouri

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireshaker

Reaction score
Hey all, I just picked up a 90' C1500 4.3L 5spd with a 3.08 gear. It is a reg cab 2wd. I love it, how ever it needs a little work mainly a good wash/buff and severe rust/paint in spots.

I will post pictures tomorrow of the truck, after I get it cleaned up. :peace:

I need suggestions on what gear ratio to change to. I plan on using it as a daily driver, not much highway use (but some) and possibly pulling a trailer with a race car on it (max of 3,800lbs car, and prob 2,000lbs trailer)

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say atleast 3.73's for pulling a trailer, not sure if thats enough for the 4.3 though.

Fireshaker

Reaction score
Well here are a few pictures.

What it looked like when I picked it up yesterday.

You must be registered for see images attach

How it looks now after a quick wash.

I still have a lot of stuff to do before I'm 100% happy with it. I need to do the normal tune up which is no big deal. How ever it has a wine coming through the speakers, so I need to track down and find the bad ground. The truck starts with out a key so I bought a new ignition cylinder I just have to replace it. Several other things too but I'll update as I go.