new guy from las vegas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tys 4x4

Reaction score
Hey all, just scored a deal on a 98 silverado z71. Needs a new transfer case and rear drive shaft. Got it for 500 bucks. Figured I'd join up here for some info and insight.

Unsure as to whether I'll keep it and drive it and sell my ranger, or just flip it for a profit.

Heres some pics of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Has a couple cosmetic issues. But not bad for 175k miles. The story behind it... It belonged to a coworkers brother out in FLORIDA. Truck got stolen and driven across the country. the driveshaft went out at the Nevada state line and the thieves left it. It got impounded, then my coworker was able to pick it up. His brother didn't think it was worth it to get or have shipped back home, so he signed it over to the coworker who ended up wanting to sell it.

If I can get it running reliably, I might just sell my 07 ranger, then be able to pay off the womans G6 and save the rest towards a down payment on a house.

And my 4x4 ranger that I'd be parting with if I sold it..

Anyways looking forward to posting on here, thanks for looking!

tys 4x4

Reaction score
well a small update on it. Tore into it today and found out I'm going to need to replace the MAF and get a new cam position sensor. I've read I can just buy a new billet distributor and it'll have the sensor with it already. If that's the case I'll just do that considering I lost one of the torx screws for the rotor in the yard haha. I'm starting to lean more towards wanting to keep it, get a small lift on it with some wheels and tires and get rid of the gaudy chrome accessories lol

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd start with removing the bed caps and rails, think it would look much better without those!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
:welcome: from Mississippi!! Cool find!!!! Same exact color scheme as mine!!!!