New guy from Canada.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I find it interesting that your screen name seems to be chosen from the name of a Canadian Forces rifle and you're in Edmonton.

FNC1A1:

You must be registered for see images attach

You have a connection to the old girl or just a coincidence?

:)

Last edited:

FNC1A1

Reaction score
Haha i was a weapons tech with 1 SVC BN. No Im not old enough to have used it as a service rifle.
Its the C7A1 now a days and has been for quite a while. I did have the pleasure of
restoring one and shooting a few of em. The perks of being WPNS is you get to
fire EVERYTHING. I have to say the FN is probably the most beautiful piece of engineering
ive ever had the pleasure of working with and putting rounds down range with.

The only thing i liked better was firing a 105 Howitzer with the arty boys.

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Haha i was a weapons tech with 1 SVC BN. No Im not old enough to have used it as a service rifle.
Its the C7A1 now a days and has been for quite a while. I did have the pleasure of
restoring one and shooting a few of em. The perks of being WPNS is you get to
fire EVERYTHING. I have to say the FN is probably the most beautiful piece of engineering
ive ever had the pleasure of working with and putting rounds down range with.

The only thing i liked better was firing a 105 Howitzer with the arty boys.

Yessir, I liked the old FN. Except when we had to do drill with it and it was a bear to hold arms length by the barrel in basic.

C7 felt like a toy when it came in. But I sure appreciated the low weight and minimal kick aspects of it.

Still, it never seemed to be the solid piece the FN was.....and the FN always made you feel like you could just shoot through something rather then the C7 which always felt like going through a leaf would deflect. It wouldn't, but it still felt like it. Must have been the whole "mattel" feel of the C7 I guess.....

FNC1A1

Reaction score