New GMT Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm a first time truck owner. I just bought a 1996 Z71, and currently own a 1999 Z28. The truck will be for daily driver/winter duty, but I'd still like to fix it up a bit.

It's a bit rough, it has 262,000 miles, as far as I know, it's been a Illinois truck all of its life, so it's a bit rusty. I have some plans for it, but at the moment my Z28 has priority, so other than some maintenance stuff the truck won't be getting a whole lot at the moment.

I'll probably be hanging around here for help for the truck, as I have only owned F-Bodies until now.

I'm on my phone now, so when I get back to a computer I'll update my profile and try and get some pictures up.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes! I'm sorry, I was out of town yesterday and earlier today.
Here are some truck pictures:
You must be registered for see images attach

I have only removed the CB antennas, so far, but I plan a full tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and air filter), replace all lights with LEDs, maybe an HID kit for the headlights, and some frame clean up. After that, I'm going to start building my Z28, so not much will be happening with the truck, but I may start a thread on it to help document whats going on with the truck

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
good Idea to start a thread to document what you do to your truck, helped me out a lot when some dumb ass ran into me, I was able to use the pictures to get a better settlement. theres also a part of the forum for other builds like your Z28, you should post that here too! we like Z28's

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good Idea to start a thread to document what you do to your truck, helped me out a lot when some dumb ass ran into me, I was able to use the pictures to get a better settlement. theres also a part of the forum for other builds like your Z28, you should post that here too! we like Z28's

I'll go ahead and start a thread for both, both will go pretty slow as I'm kind of getting screwed at my current job (a part-time, low wage, unskilled, union job is a bad idea, wouldn't recommend it haha), but I have a couple things for the Z28 that will go on when I have the time, and I'm waiting for some money to clear in Paypal for new sway bars. After that, it'll be a little while before anything else happens.

Thank you again for all of the welcomes!