New GMC owner from Ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Justin, from Sudbury Ontario. I don't live in an igloo (lame stereotype joke, I know), and I'm looking at buying a 98 GMC 1500. I was never big into lifted trucks, more the mini-trucking bagged stuff, but as a construction worker, I need something to get in and out of the sites, and I figured why not? The girlfriend likes big trucks more anyway. The truck is stock, with 395,000 kms on the ticker, but the current owner has paper proof that he had the motor and transmission changed at 250,000. At the moment, it needs rockers, a muffler (previous owner ran a single stock exhaust with the muffler in the box, guess he liked it "strait piped"), and possibly ball joints. My hopes are eventually to do a 3 inch body lift, maybe 33's or possibly 35's and a 3 inch suspension lift as well, but that all depends of the money situation. As well, I found a crate engine on jegs that puts out 420hp and 450ft/lb of torque for $3800 so again, depending on the money situation, possibly that and a full manual valve body and ratchet shifter. But those are just a young mans dreams, at the moment I just need a daily driver on the road. So hopefully you shall be seeing pics of a new, albeit slow-progress project. Sorry for the long intro, didn't expect to say this much so I'll cut it short. Thanks for all the info, I'll try my best to contribute.

TL/DNR, Sudbury Ontario resident looking at buying a 98 Ex-Cab Short Box 4x4

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy **** it seems like everyone up north of the border has trucks with a zillion miles on them haha but Welcome! Buy it and post up them pics!