New from South Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New member from Upstate SC. Dont currently own a GMT400 but have been in the market for one. I currently own a 2011 Sierra and have owned several GM trucks through the years, but always wanted a GMT400. I was looking into one down here, but I need some info/recommendations from people who know before I commit:

97 Silverado Z71 4x4 (push button 4x4)
180,000 miles
350 Vortec
Has had (according to the owner) the following items recently replaced:
- Alt
- Front wheel bearings
- Front/Rear brakes
- Shocks
- Fuel pump
- Intake gaskets
- Fuel press regulator
- New tires/rims from GMT800

Also, according to him, keeps up all the preventative maintainence on the trans, the oil, the diffs, etc. Primarily used it for traveling back and forth to Flordia. He currently wants $5500 for it and I just wanted to know if it is a good deal or not. I drove the truck and checked it out, it drove good but the high mileage is holding me back. I would be using it for highway traveling back and forth to Michigan for the next year or two, with 1 to 2 trips per year, with occasional use around town.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
welcome truck sounds good but the price is to high around here a truck like that goes for 3500 4000 tops

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:welcome: Yeah as Jake said, it's a tad bit high for around here, I paid $5700 for my '97 Silverado Z71, 140k, but it has a few addons, BL, wheels, tires, exhaust, ect

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!!

From what you've said the truck sounds solid!!

Does he have any receipts of the maintance he's had done on it? That would help alot!!!

As far as the asking price goes have you checked with KBB to see what they say it's worth, that will give you a good ballpark figure.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
:welcome: Yeah as Jake said, it's a tad bit high for around here, I paid $5700 for my '97 Silverado Z71, 140k, but it has a few addons, BL, wheels, tires, exhaust, ect

paid 1000 for my 98 and 450 for a tranny guess i lucked out

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the going rate here. If the truck is clean and not beat up or covered with mud underneath is worth it. I got my 98 back in July and paid 5k for it with 227k miles. Kbb on it then was 6300....

I'm just outside of Greer, and bought my truck from a guy in boiling springs. I looked at quite a few for the same price that head been badly abused so a nice one for that price is normal around here...

Reaction score
Had anything major been replaced on yours? Like the motor or trans? I am always just a little leary buying something with that high of mileage.