new from north jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckrichie

Reaction score
hey everyone, im from north jersey (not the typical country area) i am new to this forum because i just got a truck im really interested in making into my monster. i know where im from you may not think there are many rednecks but when you live in some areas there are alot of country roads (right on the border of PA). i may not know alot about mechanics but im trying to learn so please help me through my struggling times. but now, lets get to why im on here in the first place. i own a 96 gmc k1500 z71 flare side 4x4. it has the 5.7L 350 v8 vortec. its completely stock (for now anyways). i have a couple of things i have planned for it at the moment. im trying to get a lift on it of coarse and some big tires. im not going into motor work just yet, mostly just keep it up and running. so if i have any questions please help me out and if you have any questions i will do my best to help you find your answer.

redneckrichie.

redneckrichie

Reaction score
so the one thing im trying to do is lift it (as i said in the post) im gonna be getting a 6in lift for it. the brand is rough country. i have heard some good reviews what do you guys think about that? is it worth the thousand for it

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
The rough country aka RCX 6" lift kit is well worth the $999. Do you plan on puttin the lift on yourself or have someone do it? Also what gears are in your truck right now? And what size tire are you wanting to run? I'd recommend a 35 inch tire as 37's rub on the 6" kit unless your torsion keys are cranked really high.

Depending on what gears you have in the truck now, you may have to rehear when you go to a larger tire, expect to spend 500-1000 on gears (well worth the money). Also, of you haven't, I recommend either checking or have someone check the entire front suspension for wear, and if anything shows any signs of wear, replace it. You'll be glad you did.